Service Graphics decks out GSK building again for Olympics
By Hannah Jordan Tuesday, 17 July 2012
The large-format print provider has produced and installed its second giant Olympic design on GlaxoSmithKline's London headquarters.
The graphic, which features double Paralympic gold medallist and former world and European swimming champion Graham Edmunds, has been fitted on the front and back of GSK House next to the M4 motorway in west London.
The image measures 36m wide and 27m high, which according to GSK although slightly smaller that its predecessor – unveiled in September last year – makes it the biggest London 2012 outdoor sign in the UK.
Slightly hampered by the high winds and downpours of the UK’s glorious summer of 2012, it took a specialist abseil team around five days to apply the giant image to the building.
According to GSK estimates, around 78,000 people will see the design every day from the M4 as they travel in and out of London.
GSK has unveiled the image as part of a wider campaign, created by advertising agency TBWA, to mark GSK's provision of laboratory services for anti-doping drug tests during the Olympic and Paralympic games.
It includes a series of TV adverts, launched this week, and outdoor billboard and bus stops signs which will be unveiled from 23 July at 13 national locations situated close to GSK sites. GSK commissioned Hi Resolution, Primesight and JCDecaux to deliver the outdoor campaign.
Completing the campaign will be GSK’s fleet of wrapped shuttle buses, which will be unveiled at the start of the Olympics and run between GSK House and the company’s UK Pharmaceuticals offices at Stockley Park.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London