Elanders UK installs Duplo Digital System 5000 Pro
By Melanie Defries Tuesday, 17 July 2012
Elanders has installed a Duplo Digital System 5000 Pro at its North Tyneside plant to boost the site's booklet making efficiency.
The company, part of a global printing group, made the decision to invest in the device after staff visited an Elanders factory in Germany where three digital Duplo systems are installed.
Elanders UK production manager Shaun Du Randt said: "Our German facility had already tried and tested the Duplo System and it was clear that this solution would make our digital booklet-making more efficient.
"The machine can crease, slit and trim the finished work, which means we can now load and run the job direct from our Indigo presses."
The company is also utilising the barcode capabilities of the Duplo system, which was supplied by the Apogee Corporation, to produce variable data work.
Its investment in digital equipment has led the company to adopt a just-in-time production model for its short-run jobs, reducing the need for warehouse space.
"With changes in customer demands, we have evolved to run a high-variety of small volume work, which is perfect for our digital setup," Du Randt added.
The Elanders group signed up for three Landa Nanography presses at Drupa.
The W50 web press and two S10 B1 sheetfed presses are due to be installed within the next two years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK