Neopost acquires GMC Software Technology
By Tim Sheahan Monday, 16 July 2012
The mailroom equipment manufacturer has acquired software developer GMC in a bid to expand beyond the mailing sector.
GMC, which employs more than 300 people and had a turnover of £33m in 2011, was bought by Neopost for an undisclosed sum.
The takeover moves Neopost into the customer communication software arena, and provides access to GMC's global client base in locations such as Europe, American and Asia.
Neopost chairman and chief executive Denis Thiery said: "GMC's recognized technology and know-how will enable us to provide additional services to our customers in a major step toward the integrated and coordinated management of various customer communication tools, beyond the exchange of mail.
"It will also allow us to extract exciting revenue synergies with our high-end folder and inserter customers while giving us better access to the major accounts with whom GMC has forged close ties."
GMC, which has more than 1,000 international clients, said the opportunity would enable the business to expand its large-scale customer base.
He said: "Joining Neopost is a great source of satisfaction for us. We will be able to continue expanding GMC's range of products for large accounts and maximize growth opportunities by leveraging Neopost's customer base while at the same time moving up into another league from the strategic point of view.
"The complementary fit between our software solutions and Neopost data quality and output solutions is obvious."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102