Videojet launches inkjet printer for packaging applications
By Tim Sheahan Monday, 16 July 2012
Industrial printer manufacturer Videojet Technologies has launched the Videojet 8510, a compact inkjet printer designed for coding applications in the packaging sector.
The thermal inkjet printer, which is also known as the Wolke m600 touch in Europe, can print at resolutions up to 600dpi and features a 213mm menu-driven touchscreen.
The Videojet 8510 features a compact controller that can drive up to four printheads, which the manufacturer claims helps enable easy integration into packaging production lines.
Videojet is pitching the new inkjet machine at the production of barcodes, graphics or multiple text lines up to 51mm high. According to the manufacturer, this makes the system ideal for printing onto both cartons and cases as well as onto labels.
Videojet Technologies European marketing director Xavier Chaveton said the Videojet 8510 helps cater for a growing demand for shorter runs and faster turnaround times.
"This printer has been designed with ease of use and reliability in mind. As the job mix migrates toward shorter runs and faster turn times, users must be able to process more jobs in less time to handle increased job throughput," he said.
The Videojet 8510 is available from the end of the week and can be ordered with one to four printheads. The company said pricing was dependent on configuration.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK