Wyndeham Peterborough staff facing T&C changes
By Simon Nias Friday, 13 July 2012
Staff at Wyndeham Peterborough are facing possible changes to their terms of employment that could result in pay cuts and longer working hours.
Unite confirmed that its local reps had been approached after rumours surfaced of proposed changes to pay, overtime and working hours at the former St Ives site.
National officer Steve Sibbald said: "The industry is in dire straits. There’s still way too much capacity and Wyndeham, BGP and Polestar are playing last man standing.
"They are trying to kill each other by chasing low prices and that is resulting in a mad dash to the bottom as far as terms and conditions go."
Wyndeham Peterborough is the last of the three former St Ives Web sites to face some form of restructuring following the division’s acquisition by Walstead in April 2011.
The closure of Wyndeham Plymouth was announced the following month, while staff at Wyndeham Roche were subject to two separate consultations around job cuts and contract changes respectively, in June and October of the same year.
Sibbald added: "Three to four years ago, when this all started, we said it would result in a downward spiral in workers’ terms and it has."
Wyndeham Group declined to comment.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK