Edale set for open day at Douglas Storrie Labels
By Tim Sheahan Thursday, 12 July 2012
UK press manufacturer Edale is set to put its flexo FL-350 press through its paces at a forthcoming open day at Douglas Storrie Labels, the machine's first customer.
The open day, which takes place on 15 August, will enable visitors to view demonstrations of the press technology at the printer's Lancashire facility.
Douglas Storrie Labels opted for the flexo press, which has a 350mm web width and a maximum speed of 200m/min, because of its quick changeover.
The press uses Edale's Pit Stop Colour Change system which enables operators to complete a full colour change in less than 90 seconds per station.
Nigel Storrie, managing director of Douglas Storrie Labels, said: "The press was installed in September 2011; we felt the press could benefit from a few further developments to get it to an even higher standard.
"Edale worked with us to tweak the finer details which we felt would turn this from a good press to a great press – we now believe we have got one of the best presses on the market, and at a very good competitive price."
The 15 August event runs between 10am and 4pm with Douglas Storrie running a number of different machine demonstrations including label, film and flexible packaging jobs. Demonstrations will take place at 10.30, 12.30 and 14.30.
James Boughton, managing director of Edale added: "With Edale you get a personal service, with a dedicated customer service team and troubleshooting help desk.
"We listen to what the market is saying, but more importantly, what our customers want and look to provide a solution, just as we did with Douglas Storrie."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Implementation Manager Harrison Scott Associates £High Package, London
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102