GFSmith launches Takeo range in UK
By Pamela Mardle Thursday, 12 July 2012
Paper manufacturer GF Smith has partnered Japanese merchant Takeo to launch a new range of papers.
Six Takeo products have been specially selected to be kept in permanent stock in the UK but further Takeo papers can also be ordered through GF Smith.
Premium paper Tamashiki Arare features a polka dot pattern inspired by traditional Japanese motifs, created using a Sukashi watermarking technique.
Pachica, offered as 151, 233 and 407gsm, is a smooth, natural white paper that reveals a transparent impressed area when debossed with a heated die.
Single-sided embossed paper Tassel GA features a fine diagonal waffle pattern resembling woven material. It is available as 93 and 244gsm in white and grey.
Tela, a speciality textured paper incorporating fine fibres featuring a non-woven fabric effect, is available in gray, white, black and light blue at weights of 80 and 120gsm.
Yomoshi is made up of 15% sheep’s wool, producing a natural white paper with a coarse texture suitable for screen printing, embossing or foil stamping. It is offered as 128, 221 and 291gsm.
Tant Select TS-1 is debossed on both sides, creating a double-sided linen texture which appears translucent in the lighter colours. Four colours from Takeo’s chart are offered: H70, R5, S3 and Y-6 in 116gsm.
The partnership between the UK and Japanese companies was established following GF Smith’s research trip to Tokyo in 2010.
GF Smith identified similarities between the two companies' history, values and approach, which provided the basis for a working relationship.
GF Smith marketing manager James Groves said: "Seeking new partnerships with international paper companies and launching our new collection of Japanese papers is part of GF Smith’s wide-reaching programme of innovation."
The premium papers were launched at GF Smith's Beauty in the Making event and are available now for printers, designers and brands.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK