GFSmith celebrates Colorplan and launches new papers
By Pamela Mardle Wednesday, 11 July 2012
Ranges showcased at GFSmith's Beauty in the Making event in April have been made available to printers and designers.
The paper manufacturer teamed up with design agency MadeThought to create promotional pieces Notebook and Play 1, 2, 3. The two projects showcase all 50 colours within the Colorplan range using unusual finishes.
Notebook features every Colorplan shade "naked-bound" with multicoloured stitching hinting at the palette of the range to promote the simplicity of the coloured stock papers.
Play 1, 2, 3 is a series of books blending colour using different finishing techniques throughout the three-part format.
Play 1 features diecut holes to expose contrasting colours of successive colours, while Play 2 reveals slivers and shards of colour beneath each page using haphazardly cut angles. Both pieces are presented in Play 3, which uses the "magic wallet" folding technique to house the project.
GFSmith also launched Naturalis Works #2, a reformation of the uncoated paper range, and Japanese range Takeo, at the Beauty in the Making event.
The Takeo range is based on the art of Japanese papermaking and features Sukashi watermarked patterns, embossing textures, and wool and fibre finishes in a range of shades including traditional Japanese colours.
Artistic papers Pachica, Tassel GA, Tamashiki Arare, Tela, Yomoshi and Tant Select TS-1 are included in the specially selected Takeo range from GFSmith.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Business Development Manager, Large Format Digital - UK Wide Blayze Unguem £Outstanding packageâ€¦..limited only by your talent & ability, National / UK Wide
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102