JD Printing Services installs UK's first Morgana AeroCut Quatro
By Melanie Defries Wednesday, 11 July 2012
The commercial printer hopes its installation of the UK's first AeroCut Quatro finishing device will boost efficiency.
The Farnborough-based company, which has five staff, installed the new machine to cut down the manpower required to produce items such as business cards and personalised playing cards.
Managing director and founder of the £300,000-turnover company Jimmy Dalton said: "We are very pleased with the new machine and now it’s just a case of getting more work for it.
"It’s a push-button device with a host of pre-programmed finishing operations stored into it. We can select the programme, load in the printed sheets, push the button and then leave it to cut, crease and perforate the job."
The AeroCut Quatro, which is manufactured by Uchida in Japan, can handle sheet sizes of up to 365x520mm in standard mode and 900m in flexible mode. It can produce a wide range of finished products from its pre-programmed templates or bespoke templates.
The machine was demonstrated at Drupa using a plug-in to Adobe Illustrator, whereby the machine cutting and creasing parameters can be sent directly from the desktop to the device.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK