F1 wins Sunday sole supplier deal
By Simon Nias Wednesday, 11 July 2012
F1 Colour has been named sole pre-press supplier to contract publisher Sunday Publishing, which produces titles for clients including Sky, Vodafone and Westfield.
The extension to its existing supplier contract will see F1 add work for Sunday clients Toyota and Strutt & Parker, together with any new customers the publisher picks up.
Ken Harrison, managing director of the London-based pre-media business, said: "Sunday really are growing at an astonishing rate, adding blue chip clients on a regular basis, and we are very glad to be part of the journey with them."
The contract win comes as F1 continues to evolve its service offering by adding more cross channel capabilities to its traditional strengths in repro and print management.
At the heart of this evolution is F1's Our Space System (OSS), a web-based marketing communications tool built around Flowmation's eponymous digital asset management platform.
OSS combines asset management with all the tools needed to manage a particular project, including online flatplanning, annotations, email alerts and preflighting. In addition, F1 has recently added new modules for web-to-print, stock management and digital point-of-sale.
Harrison said that the digital POS module, which was developed in partnership with various third party vendors, was being sold into high street brands as a means of managing real-time promotional sales messages across multiple site.
The web-based tool controls the assets that are displayed on in-store LED displays, and is capable of scheduling and broadcasting assets such as pictures, videos, text and websites.
"It allows the brand owner to centrally control their regular and adhock promotions across their entire chain, while store managers can login and control shop-specific promotions if required," he added.
"It's been the catalyst really – we’ve just hired a senior web developer to oversee the development of our OSS platform, which is something we weren’t even involved in 12 months ago.
"The traditional pre-press side is still going from strength-to-strength despite market consolidation; print management is growing compared to last year when we had a slight dip and Aperture, which is our photography division, is also expanding into studio and location video projects."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London