Former St Ives marketing director acquires Displayways
By Tim Sheahan Tuesday, 10 July 2012
Ex St Ives marketing director Rob Kelly has re-entered the print production arena after acquiring the South London large format business with business partner Peter Sheldrick.
Kelly and Sheldrick have acquired 100% of the share capital from Wendy Richards, former owner of the Wandsworth business, who is retiring from the day-to-day running of the company.
Kelly, who was part of the Service Graphics team that negotiated its sale to St Ives in 2006, became aware of the business opportunity after working with Displayways with his creative consultancy firm K16.
He said: "I am excited to be involved with such a well respected business. It will be my aim to build upon the great work done by Wendy and her team.
"I have no doubt that Displayways current solid business will provide a great platform from which we can grow to become the market leader we have the ambition to be."
Kelly added that the immediate focus was "keeping customers, staff and suppliers happy" of what he said was a profitable and well-run business.
Sheldrick, previously project manager of 20-staff Displayways becomes operations director of the business.
He said: "Displayways has been successful over the years because they have always provided solutions, service and quality, at the bespoke end of display production this approach is what the customer needs, someone to rely upon."
Displayways has worked with clients that include Prada, Hasbro, Science Museum, National Air Traffic Services and Seiko.
Richards, who exits the business, said: "Displayways has been a great success story and I am extremely proud of what we have achieved over the years, but it is time to move on.
"The individuals that are taking the business over are well known and respected in the industry. I have no doubt that they will take the business on to new levels for the benefit of them all."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102