XMPie launches web-to-print Facebook app
By Melanie Defries Tuesday, 10 July 2012
Xerox XMPie personalisation software users can now embed web-to-print onto their customers' Facebook pages, enabling them to order branded print materials.
To use the Facebook Connect application, which is available to users worldwide, individuals who are fans of a company on Facebook can visit its page to access the application icon under the page’s cover photo.
By clicking the icon, fans enter XMPie’s uStore portal where they can select an available document template through the app, such as a calendar.
The document can then be personalised with information from their Facebook profile.
From there, an instant pdf proof of the personalised document can be generated and the user can move through the order process of final copy and delivery. If the user allows it, an automatic status update will be posted to the user’s Facebook page to tell others about the experience.
The Facebook Connect Application is an add-on available to customers with uStore 6.0 and PersonalEffect Print MI or higher.
The document templates within the uStore portal are created using the XMPie uCreate plugin to Adobe InDesign and can range from greeting cards, event invitations and various types of calendars, to booklets and posters. The document templates can include variable elements including coupons, QR codes and advertisements.
XMPie Business Portals brand manager Idan Youval said: "Facebook Connect technology enables XMPie customers to help brands strenghthen their existing social media relationship with their fans, as well as attract more followers through their fans’ network as a result of its viral nature.
"This can be a very powerful brand builder for companies with thousands or millions of Facebook fans – plus it will drive more demand and volume for their print and marketing service providers," he added.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Senior Estimator - East Midlands Blayze Unguem £Negotiable salary depending on ability, plus excellent benefits package, East Midlands
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC