Signal UK expands wide-format operation with Mutoh and Kona spend
By Tim Sheahan Monday, 09 July 2012
Signal UK has returned to Mutoh to expand its wide-format print operation with an investment in a ValueJet 1324 printer and Kona cutting line.
The Tunbridge Wells, Kent-based business opted for the new machines, which were supplied by Colourgen reseller, PSW Paper & Print, after seeing them in action at Sign & Digital UK earlier this year.
Signal UK director Gary Rose said the company carries out as much of its work as possible in-house and the latest investments will help improve those capabilities.
He said: "This was a big decision for us and we looked at a number of printers. We were quite interested in the latex technology, particularly as it appeared to offer faster production because the output doesn’t need to gas out and so dries faster than eco solvent.
"We decided a 1.3m machine was enough for the type of work we mainly do and we still have a 1.6m Mutoh for larger jobs. We are really pleased with the Mutoh. It does exactly what it is supposed to very well indeed."
The Mutoh ValueJet 1324 and larger 1624 machines, which offer print widths of 1371mm and 1625mm respectively, are pitched at companies producing quality display signage, marketing collateral, banners and backlit signage.
Both the 1324 and 1624 can output at resolutions up to 1,440dpi with output speeds of up to 28sqm and 29sqm an hour respectively.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102