Fretwell Print and Design boosts post-press offering with Stahlfolder investment
By Tim Sheahan Monday, 09 July 2012
Fretwell Print and Design has expanded its post-press capabilities after investing in a Heidelberg Stahlfolder TH66 buckle machine.
Set for delivery this month, the automated folder complements a bindery that includes a Muller Prima six station stitching line, two MBO folders, Polar guillotine and a Wohlenberg MCS3 Guillotine.
According to Fretwell Print and Design managing director Des Fretwell, the company analysed the market and paid Heidelberg several visits before opting for the Stahlfolder.
He said: "We have chosen the buckle machine because it gives us the broadest range of folder options but we’d like to add a combination machine as well in the future.
"We like the automation, flexibility, speed and ease of use. We are also taking a VSA stacker which we consider a vital part of the investment to optimise the folding potential."
The Keighley, West Yorkshire-based business produces a range of print that includes magazines, booklets, marketing material and direct mail.
Its new Heidelberg machine arrives at a time when the company has exceeded the £5m turnover mark for the first time.
He added: "We are pleased with the Heidelberg back up. In these tough times most things have gone down in price in real terms but not so the Heidelberg machines.
"So it says something about the value we perceive in their kit that we still went with them."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK