AMP Printing invests in Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 106
By David Ward, San Diego Thursday, 05 July 2012
Dublin, CA-based AMP Printing and Graphics has continued its relationship with Heidelberg investing in a new 10-color Speedmaster XL 106 perfecting press with two-sided UV printing and coating capabilities.
In an interview with PrintWeek, AMP Printing Owner Jeff Main explained the general commercial printer will be taking out one of its older Heidelberg machines and replacing it with the new Speedmaster 105.
"This gives us the ability to be able to compete in a very crowded market," he said. "With prices being lower, for us it’s about being able to produce more in a single day."
Main added the Bay Area continued to be a very challenging market for commercial printers, but said that the new press would enable AMP to really take a leadership position.
The new Speedmaster XL 106, offers plenty of versatility, with AMP able to run it as either a 10-color press or 5/5 double coating machine. It can produce 15,000 sph in perfecting mode and operators can change all the plates in less than two minutes. Prinect Inpress Control also provides the Speedmaster XL 106 with color stability throughout a run.
"It’s my feeling that Heidelberg has perfected the perfector," he added. "We have absolute control over the quality and the consumables and this is the fastest, most productive press that they’ve ever made by far and I personally believe that future presses won’t be made any other way other than perfectors."
Main said AMP had diverse clientele that require lot of different print collateral and marketing materials. "We are not in any one category," he added. "We are a general commercial printer. We do some small jobs on digital but our grand format really doesn’t compete with the offset business - that’s more signage and trade show booths."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service