John Brailsford expands with Xerox 770 investment
By Tim Sheahan Thursday, 05 July 2012
Commercial print business John Brailsford has upgraded its digital print capabilities with a Xerox 770 digital colour press.
Installed at the company's Rotherham operation, the new machine will enable the 16-staff business to expand its same-day printing service.
Company owner John Brailsford said the new Xerox machine met his stringent requirements when investing in new equipment.
He said: "We already have tried and tested Xerox equipment at our branches in Rotherham and Barnsley and the 770 ticked all the boxes once again.
"The 770 will be used to expand our same day printing service, which is proving extremely popular, without having to fight the competitive price war. This 770 is the first installation in south Yorkshire."
The machine offers output speeds of up to 71ppm at a resolution of 2,400dpix2,400dpi and is aimed at customers producing direct mail, calendars and marketing collateral.
The machine can print onto a maximum substrate weight of 300gsm and offers scanning speeds of 50ppm for colour and 80ppm in mono operation.
Installed several weeks ago, the 770 complements the company's two-year-old Presstek 52DI.
"This rated speed machine produces 31 SRA3 sheets per minute on any stock and will duplex 300gsm board, these were all plus points that made it an easy buying decision," added Brailsford.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK