BGP prints 1.5m River Cottage booklets for Telegraph
By Simon Nias Thursday, 05 July 2012
BGP has printed 1.5m copies of two booklets featuring 40 vegetarian recipes from celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall for Telegraph Media Group, for inclusion in this weekend's newspapers.
Each 44-page A5 booklet contains 20 recipes, including starters, light bites, mains and sides, from Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Veg Ever Day! cookbook.
The guides, which were printed on 65gsm Solaris high bulk high bright with covers printed on 150gsm Galerie Art silk, will be included in this weekend's Telegraphs - one running on Saturday and one on Sunday.
BGP printed 950,000 copies of the first booklet for the Saturday Telegraph and 600,000 copies of the second for the Sunday Telegraph. The covers were printed on a 16pp Polyman, while the 44pp text was printed in a 16pp section on a 16pp Komori and a 24pp section on one of BGP's two 72pp Manroland presses.
Telegraph Media Group head of operations Stav Athanasiou said: "They look extremely good and are very well printed."
BGP customer service director Jim Mellon added: "These are the latest in a line of about half a dozen A5 booklets we've done for TMG. They've all been fabulous and well produced - both the content and from our point of view the printing.
"They are proper high-value products - the astrology one was terrific, with solid blacks and reversed out text. We value the relationship with TMG and are delighted to produce these quality products for them."
Earlier this year, the Telegraph produced two 52-page A5 booklets of Heston Blumenthal recipes, print by Polestar, together with five six-page A5 recipe recipe cards, printed by Mastercolour.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK