Henkel launches Technomelt Supra 1000 hotmelt
By Pamela Mardle Wednesday, 04 July 2012
Industrial manufacturer Henkel has launched its latest hotmelt packaging adhesives range, Technomelt Supra 1000.
The polymer-based adhesive is said to offer higher thermal stability than conventional hotmelts, making it suitable for both hot-filled and deep-frozen food packaging, and enabling it to be transported to hot climates.
It is also more resistant to etheric oils, making it suitable for packaging for things like tea and chewing gum.
German-based Henkel claims that the Technomelt Supra 1000 is "crystal-clear" and is practically invisible on the packaging for added visual appeal.
The base polymer developed for the new range is also said to reduce adhesive usage by up to 40% compared to EVA-based hotmelts and uses 20% less than metallocene-based hotmelts based on customer line trials.
Henkel said that the Supra range lowered adhesive use and reduces waste (as the quality results in a lower reject rate in production).
Technomelt Supra 1000 adhesives are commercially available across Europe.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London