Yorkshire's unemployed get support from The Printing Charity
By Melanie Defries Monday, 02 July 2012
The Printing Charity has donated £15,000 to youth charity The Prince's Trust to help unemployed young people in Yorkshire find work.
The donation will go towards grants to help unemployed young people who have worked in printing or want to get a job in the printing trade or related industries like publishing, journalism, photography or graphic design.
The partnership with The Prince’s Trust is the first of its kind for The Printing Charity.
Young people in Yorkshire who have been helped by The Prince's Trust include 24-year-old Ryan Austin, who had been made redundant twice in quick succession, and who secured a place on the charity's Enterprise Programme, which provides support and advice to young people looking to start their own business.
Austin received a business loan and mentor and launched his own exhibition stand business, called Statement Exhibitions, which now employs six, full-time staff.
He said: "I hope this funding will help other young people like me, who have a plan or an idea but need a bit of support to get them started."
The Printing Charity chief executive Stephen Gilbert said: "With so many young people out of work at the moment, we wanted to do something to help.
"Yorkshire has historically had strong links to the printing trade so it’s an appropriate area for us to donate this money."
The Prince’s Trust fundraising manager Leanne Birch: "We would like to thank The Printing Charity for their support and we hope their funding will help many young people in Yorkshire."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK