Kodak adds new features to Magnus 800 CTP
By Simon Nias Thursday, 28 June 2012
Kodak has boosted the productivity of it Magnus 800 B1 platesetter by 27% and introduced a new power save mode amongst a raft of upgrades to the device since Drupa.
The US-based manufacturer said it had boosted throughput of the 40-plate-an-hour CTP device by 27% and added Windows 7 support, gigabit ethernet connectivity to its Prinergy workflow, and improved remote support capabilities.
Kodak said that Drupa sales of the Magnus 800, which is aimed at medium to large commercial printers, together with its other CTP devices and plates, had "far exceeded" targets.
Highlights of the Magnus 800 include Kodak's Automatic Pallet Loader (APL), which the manufacturer claims is the only one in the industry, and its Squarespot imaging technology, which is said to offer resolutions up to 10,000dpi.
Rich Rindo, general manager, Worldwide Graphics Marketing, said: "Kodak is the only supplier to manufacture the whole CTP system and own all the technology, including the imaging device, plates, and workflow, and we continue to invest in our products and technology to meet the changing needs of customers.
"With the new features introduced at Drupa, the Magnus 800 Platesetter becomes an even more potent tool for plate production. When paired with the new KODAK Sonora XP Process Free Plates, customers have a reliable, high-quality, environmentally responsible solution to drive business growth in their operations."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK