Adobe Lightroom joins the Creative Cloud
By Simon Nias Wednesday, 27 June 2012
Adobe has added its photography workflow software Lightroom to its subscription-based online software hub, Creative Cloud.
Creative Cloud, which was announced in April, marks the next evolution of Adobe's Creative Suite software, all 14 applications from which have now been placed online alongside other tools and services for members to access on a low monthly- or annual-fee basis.
Speaking at the time, Eric McCashey, senior marketing manager for Adobe Systems, promised a "roadmap" of future additions to the Creative Cloud, of which Lightroom was to be one of the first.
"We’re going to continue to add value in terms of new products, like Lightroom, Digital Publishing Suite single, and the full release of Edge, as well as features like Creative Cloud Team, which is aimed at workgroups," he said.
"Members will get access to all of that long before they’re added into the boxed products. We’re going to be offering continuous value in a way that would be impossible to do with traditional software delivery methods."
Winston Hendrickson, vice president products, Adobe Creative Media Solutions, added: "The addition of Lightroom to Creative Cloud delivers on our promise to bring the best in Adobe innovation to Creative Cloud members.
"Over the next few months we’ll continue to add new products and services, keeping Creative Cloud members up to date with the latest advancements in Adobe software and services."
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a digital photography workflow that allows amateur and professional photographers to quickly import, manage, enhance and showcase images. The latest version of the software (v4) has now been added to the Creative Cloud.
Creative Cloud members can choose from an annual contract costing £38.11 (ex VAT) a month or a monthly membership costing £57.17, while users of CS3 or later will be eligible for an introductory offer of £22.23 a month.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive Image Evolution Ltd Attractive remuneration plus car or car allowance, Berkshire
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102