Tangent backs Printed.com to drive growth
By Simon Nias Wednesday, 27 June 2012
Tangent will put its Printed.com business at the heart of its growth strategy after chief executive Timothy Green hailed the success of the business at yesterday's AGM.
Green said that the first quarter had seen a "record performance in both customer numbers and revenues" at the online print buying portal, which was launched in November 2011.
He added: "The surge of retail customers is expected to establish new trends in revenues and advertising costs as the business evolves."
Nicholas Green, founder of Printed.com, confirmed that Tangent planned to invest heavily in the business, which will benefit from a £1m advertising push this year.
The move follows the recent appointment of former Carlton Communications chairman and major Tangent shareholder Michael Green as chairman.
Tim Green told the AGM that the appointment would "greatly assist the board in addressing the complex options ahead".
Nicholas Green added: "He sees exactly what we see [in Printed.com], which is an opportunity to create an unbelievably valuable business. He has a proven track record in business and we're very pleased to have him on board."
Revenues at Printed.com have doubled in the past 12 months to £2m and the firm is looking to maintain that growth rate in the current financial year.
Tangent recorded a near 40% increase in pre-tax profits to £1.5m in its most recent accounts for the year ending February 2012.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London