Holmen Paper targets fashion magazines
By Pamela Mardle Monday, 25 June 2012
Holmen Paper has added Holmen TRND uncoated papers to its product line.
The high bulk matt papers are suitable for offset printing and are available in weights of 60–80gsm and widths of up to 2,750mm.
Two shades are being offered: vintage, which has a yellow tinge for a classic look, and standard white. The Swedish paper manufacturer said it had noticed a demand for the alternative papers from high-quality magazines.
Holmen Paper sales and development director Tommy Wiksand said: "There is a market for these papers in the special magazine sector, such as fashion and art. There is a good opportunity for magazines to stand apart from the standard offerings with these matt papers.
"Holmen TRND gives an alternative feeling to gloss papers and has great printability for photographic imaging, especially nature shots, as the texture is so raw."
The range is available from Holmen’s London-based UK distributor, Holmen Paper, and across Europe from June.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London