Metro Scotland expands into Aberdeen
By Tim Sheahan Friday, 22 June 2012
Trinity Mirror has broadened the reach of its Scottish Metro newspaper by announcing that the title will be distributed in Aberdeen from next Monday (25 June).
Metro Scotland will distribute copies in the Aberdeen area for the first time, starting with an initial run of 5,000 copies, bringing the newspaper's circulation to 128,000 copies.
These will be made available through Aberdeen, Stonehaven and Dyce railway stations as well as the city's main bus depot and bus routes.
Denise West, commercial director of Media Scotland said: "It’s excellent to be able to extend Metro into Aberdeen. It’s often the first media hit of the day for our readers and it allows advertisers to instantly connect with young, affluent commuters who work and play in Scotland’s four main cities.
"We can now offer an unrivalled daily audience of over one million readers across Scotland through our new Daily Record and Metro package."
According to the publisher, the newspaper has experienced significant growth in Scotland since its launch in 1999. Initially launched into Glasgow and Edinburgh, the title now covers Dundee, Perth and from next week, Aberdeen.
Earlier this month Trinity Mirror continued its national title division restructure, with the Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror being brought closer together.
The two titles are moving to a seven day publishing model, with the focus shifting towards digital and away from print.
National managing director Mark Hollinshead said the decision was a further step towards creating "one of the most technologically advanced and operationally efficient newsrooms in Europe".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK