Banner awarded £10m Hastings Direct contract
By Melanie Defries Thursday, 21 June 2012
Banner Managed Communication has been awarded a £10m document management contract from insurer Hastings Direct, following a tender process.
BMC, which was born out of AccessPlus and the former BPO arm of The Print Factory (TPF) - acquired by Office2office in May 2008 and February 2010 respectively, has been awarded a minimum three-year contract with an optional two-year extension clause.
Under the terms of the contract, BMC will assume management of the print and fulfilment of insurance documentation across Hastings Direct’s four core insurance portfolios, which encompass private cars, vans, motorbikes and home insurance.
Hastings direct customer management director Lance Bennett said the company’s goal was to insure one in every ten of the UK population by the year 2020, which meant it would be "scaling up its already extensive print requirements".
"That’s why now is the right time for us to move from an inhouse to outsourced document production and fulfilment," he added.
BMC managing director Catherine Burke said: "The innovations and technologies that we’ll be implementing will enable the business to handle the anticipated increase in the volume of work over the coming years, while delivering even higher quality and greater accuracy."
Last month BMC announced it had been awarded a three-year print management contract by Best Buy Europe, the joint venture between Best Buy and the Carphone Warehouse.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Procurement Manager Harrison Scott Associates Negotiable / c.25k pa / based on experience., East Midlands
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet