Creative FX completes BT phonebox wrap in charity drive
By Tim Sheahan Wednesday, 20 June 2012
Creative FX, the Bromley-based signage and display company, has completed its latest wrapping project, transforming an iconic British red phone box.
Completed in conjunction with BT, Creative FX helped create a 'BT ArtBox' in support of the charity ChildLine.
The classic K6 telephone kiosk, which features the photography of experimental artist Denis Masi, is one of a number that will be auctioned off at Sotheby’s auction in the National Portrait Gallery next month.
Creative FX director Sean Davis said: "Denis is an incredibly talented artist who works with a multitude of different media.
"We helped him create his ArtBox by applying vinyl printed with stark black and white photography, overlaid with a textured vinyl for a rustic exterior frame, and finally applying the wording."
The full-scale fibreglass boxes are replicas of the original telephone kiosks, which were designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of the coronation of King George V in 1936.
Other participants taking part include Turner prize winner Keith Tyson, Royal Academy Professor of Sculpture David Mach, fashion designer Giles Deacon, and Duran Duran’s Nick Rhodes. The Sotheby’s auction in the National Portrait Gallery takes place on 18 July.
Last month, Creative FX completed one of its biggest projects to date, adding the finishing touch to 500 Suzuki Swift Attitude cars.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service