Colorscan to install UK's first EFI Jetrion 4900 press
By Melanie Defries Tuesday, 19 June 2012
Colorscan Imaging Products is to install the UK's first EFI Jetrion 4900 press after signing for the machine on the first day of Drupa 2012.
Burton-on-Trent-based Colorscan, which specialises in the production of point-of-sale (POS) solutions for the brewing industry, went to Drupa looking to invest in a machine with white ink capability which could handle high volumes.
The £1.5m-turnover company opted for the Jetrion 4900, which was sold to the company by Grafitec Label Presses, for its high quality print and versatility along with its white ink option. It will be installed at the beginning of July,
Colorscan director Keith Forster said: "Since some of our business involves printing onto a metallised substrate, and this is a large growth market for us, we looked at various high speed digital printing equipment with a white ink capability.
"We have a press with a white ink option but it is very slow and not best suited to our products.
"With the Jetrion 4900, the white ink has excellent opacity and the CMYK inks retain their translucent appearance on metallised substrates."
Forster added that the new press, which costs in the region of €650,000 (£523,535), would enable the company to diversify its range of services.
"We do not currently require the label facilities of the 4900, just the print engine; however we can now produce short run labels for bottled beers in a variety of shapes, without the need to invest in dies and plates, which opens up another market associated with our business," he said.
A EFI spokesman said: "EFI would like to acknowledge the important role that Xerox UK played in securing this business. Colorscan Imaging, a longstanding customer of Xerox, were taken by the manufacturer to EFI's Drupa stand to discuss their new applications, specifically around white ink.
"The strength of the Xerox and EFI partnership has ensured that this customer has the latest EFI Jetrion technology to complement their current Xerox equipment."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive - Large Format/Signage Future Recruitment Ltd £25K -20 DAYS HOLIDAYS= Mobile plus commission, West Midlands
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet