Thijsen launches 'return on ink' service for brand owners
By Melanie Defries Monday, 18 June 2012
Retail print specialist Thijsen Media Group (TMG) has launched a new consultancy service for its clients to help their print campaigns achieve maximum value.
The Dutch printer, which works with major retailers in the UK including Debenhams and Harveys, launched its ROI service, which stands for return on ink, to help its clients cut waste and improve the effectiveness of their print.
It is offering to evaluate the print spend of both new and existing clients and is using 'eye-tracking' technology provided by a German supplier to ensure that printed materials are designed effectively.
UK sales manager Craig Hall said: "Our ROI service is aimed at retailers that are spending several million per year on printed materials such as doordrops, flyers, leaflets and brochures.
"We want to show that we are not just a printer and that we can bring something more to the table; when we meet with clients we aim to demonstrate how they can add value."
Hall said that a common mistake made by retailers in areas such as the production of doordrops is to opt for paper that is of an unnecessarily high quality.
"On the continent doordrops are very popular and successful but the paper quality is not as high as you would find with doordrops in the UK. We would argue that it is unnecessary for doordrops to be printed on beautiful, high quality paper and that this is one simple area where people can save a lot of money," he added.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK