Xaar broadens ceramic reach with GS12 printhead launch
By Tim Sheahan Tuesday, 29 May 2012
Xaar has unveiled a new addition to its 1001 series inkjet printheads, the GS12, which is designed for ceramic tile production.
The Cambridge-based manufacturer is pitching the printheads at applications that require bold colours and "deep colour intensity" such as those used in close-up situations.
The 1001 GS12 jets larger 12 to 84 picolitre drops than the company's established GS6 printhead and offers output speeds up to 100% faster than the older model.
Xaar’s GS12 features the company's TF Technology and Hybrid Side Shooter architecture, which enables ink in the printhead to flow directly past the back of the nozzle.
According to Xaar, this means the nozzles are continuously primed, allowing single-pass printers to run for a full production shift with minimal maintenance.
Debuted at Ceramics China 2012 (28 – 31 May), the first printers from manufacturers such as EFI Cretaprint and TecnoFerrari to incorporate the 1001 GS12 printheads, will be launched at Tecnargilla in Italy this September.
Xaar marketing director Mark Alexander said: "No other printhead uses our unique TF Technology, so no other printhead can deliver the same extremely high-level machine uptime as the Xaar 1001."
He added: "Maintaining maximum productivity in the digital decoration process is essential for the ceramics industry, which is why TF Technology is so important.
"Xaar is committed to remaining at the forefront of this rapidly developing market and we will continue to develop the best printheads to meet its very specific needs."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Customer Services / Account Manager - Essex - £25k - 12 month Maternity cover PrintMatch £25k, Essex
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet