Agfa adds Veripress softproofing to Arkitex newspaper workflow
By Simon Nias Thursday, 24 May 2012
Agfa Graphics has signed up to distribute Australia-based Serendipity Software's Veripress on-press softproofing system to its worldwide newspaper customers.
Veripress is an on-press softproofing system designed to give press operators a colour-accurate visual reference with which to better match client expectations.
It uses ripped files from platesetter RIPs to ensure content integrity and includes a built-in colour verification system, Calcheck, to ensure colour-accurate proofs.
According to Serendipity, Calcheck verifies the performance of the monitor against the gamut of the printing process rather than verifying the accuracy of the monitor profile.
Veripress has been fully integrated with Agfa's Arkitex newspaper workflow and its Publication Builder software to enable consistent and accurate soft proofing of all pages.
Barry Landsberg, product manager of Arkitex VeriPress said: "Providing a colour managed, on-press, softproofing solution is a natural step to extend the scope of [Arkitex]. And the combination is very powerful as we have integrated the solution right into the heart of Arkitex."
Peter Skarpetis, chief executive of Serendipity Software, added: "We are delighted to have Agfa Graphics as our key partner in the newspaper sector. Arkitex users will benefit significantly by having Veripress in their workflow."
The partnership was announced at Drupa earlier this month.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102