Print industry news roundup: Trinity, Bell & Bain, Shere, paper prices, Unite
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Stay up to date with your procurement supply chain thanks to print industry news at your fingertips. This week: Trinity employees threaten industrial action; Bell & Bain add third Rapida; Shere first in world to buy Indigo 2000; Merchant competition forces paper price hike; Unite advises members to ask for 3.6%
Employees at newspaper giant Trinity Mirror's Glasgow and Watford plants are on the verge of taking industrial action, according to Unite.
Bell & Bain has invested in its third KBA Rapida 142 press, a move expected to continue to "successful development" of the Glasgow-based business.
HP has agreed a multi-million pound deal with UK digital start-up Shere Print to be the first worldwide user of its Indigo 20000 digital press.
Paper manufacturer Papierfabrik Scheufelen's imminent price increase will occur due to competition between merchants, says the company.
Unite has advised its members to request an inflation-based pay increase this year, in lieu of a national agreement.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Commercial Executive/Estimator, Large Format Digital - North West Blayze Unguem Fully negotiable depending on your ability, North West
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102