Encore Envelopes wins at Flexography Awards
By Sophie Hudson Monday, 14 May 2012
Envelope manufacturer and printer Encore Envelopes triumphed at this year's Excellence in Flexography Awards in San Antonio, Texas, organised by the Flexographic Technical Association.
The company was awarded Best in Show for the envelope sector category, and picked up further awards – three gold, two silver and one bronze – for the individual categories within the sector.
It is the fifth year in a row that the Tyne and Wear-based company, which employs 240 people, has been awarded Best in Show in the envelope sector.
A statement from Encore said its specialist Lithoflex machines had enabled it to achieve an eye-catching but cost-efficient way of producing envelopes.
The company uses the flexo web presses to print the envelopes from the reel in four colours before finishing them. Encore claimed the quality is "virtually indistinguishable from litho printed envelopes".
Encore managing director Russell Croisdale said winning another award was a team effort across all departments of the company. "All members of our staff work hard to achieve such high standards," he said. "Our aim every year is to keep pushing the bar higher with our specialist Lithoflex technology, which is now a major part of our business."
Mike Taylor, one of the award’s judges, said: "In years past, you used to see elite converters stand alone, but not so much any more. The quality of work that is now being produced is incredible when you consider the instability of some the substrates in use."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract