GF Smith aims to inspire with Beauty in the Making event
By Jo Francis Thursday, 12 April 2012
GF Smith is hosting a free five-day event about creativity, to be held in London later this month.
The Hull-headquartered supplier of specialist papers has teamed up with Monotype; the British Council's Architecture, Design & Fashion department; and creative hub It's Nice That to put together the Beauty in the Making event.
It will explore all aspects of the creative process, and includes a series of workshops and talks.
GF Smith joint managing director John Haslam said the company aimed to attract 5,000 creative professionals over the course of the five days.
"As an industry as a whole we need to educate and inspire," he stated.
"Good print, good paper and good design will deliver a beautiful and effective product. This is all about the power of print and it's in the interests of every printer to come along to this."
Previously unseen items from Monotype's Gill Sans archive will also be on display in public for the first time.
Workshops include letterpress printing and paper making, as well as a "handmade envelope experience."
GF Smith will also launch its new range of Japanese Papers during the exhibition.
Beauty in the Making is being held from 23-27 April at Victoria House Basement in Bloomsbury.
It will also be the venue for the UK and European premier of Linotype the Film on the evening of 26 April, although tickets for this are already sold out.
To book free tickets to attend Beauty in the Making, visit beautyinthemaking.eventbrite.co.ukTweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- New Product Designer - Cartons Future Recruitment Ltd £Open , North West / Wales
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract