MB names debuts for Drupa
By Adam Hooker Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Finishing equipment manufacturer Mathias Bäuerle has announced its line-up for this year's Drupa.
Highlights on the stand (D49, hall 1) will be the PrestigeFold range, featuring the PrestigeFold Net 38, 52 and 66, as well as an unnamed machine that MB will target at the personalised mailing sector.
The PrestigeFold Net 66 is a development on the PrestigeFold Net 52, which will make its worldwide debut at the show.
It can handle a larger range of formats than its predecessor, including the ability to create 3-up A4 products or 24-page A4 signatures. It can also be connected to a digital print engine.
The machines feature a completely automatic set-up and a "high degree of adaptability". The automatic set-up feature takes care of positioning the setting elements for flat pile feeder, fold plate stops, deflectors, fold rollers, alignment rails and delivery rollers.
At Drupa, the PrestigeFold Net 38 will be equipped with a special fold unit for producing pharmaceutical package inserts. This additional option enables production of products with a minimum fold length of 28mm.
MB will reveal a machine at the show that will enable the production of an individual cover letter with matching envelope in a single pass.
Feeding the machine can be carried out either by a cut-sheet pre-loader, continuously from a roll or directly from a digital printing system. A camera system and diverter also guarantees security during the entire production cycle.
Also on the MB stand will be the Autoset B4 Highflex, Autoset 18 and Autoset XT inserting systems. The Highflex, the flagship machine in the range, is capable of handling up to 22,000 cph from DL to B4 format.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK