Media roundup: BETC, CityAM, The Times, News International, Online ad spend
Tuesday, 10 April 2012
We bring you the buzz from the wider media sphere, across the world and across the web. This week: BETC London bags Livingstone mayoral campaign account; CityAM to increase circulation; The Times to sponsor Sky Sports News at Ten; News International makes Times branding appointment; Online ad spend to surpass £100 per user in 2012
BETC London, the agency behind Mayor of London candidate Ken Livingstone's campaign posters, has been formally appointed to the account as the campaign intensifies.
CityAM, the free business paper, is to ramp up its distribution by 30 per cent, to around 130,000 copies, to increase its footprint in Kent, Surrey and parts of south London.
The Times, the News International-owned newspaper, is to sponsor the 'Sky Sports News at Ten' from tomorrow (6 April) in a bid to showcase the breadth of its sports coverage.
News International has appointed WPP's Grey, M/SIX, OgilvyOne and Ogilvy Change to handle the consolidated £28 million media, advertising, direct and strategic responsibilities behind its news operations for multimedia brands The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun.
The amount of money spent on internet advertising per UK adult user is set to rise above £100 this year, according to the latest forecast from GroupM.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London