Budgeprint boosts wide-format capabilities with HP Designjet L26500 investment
By Tim Sheahan Tuesday, 27 March 2012
Budgeprint has invested in a HP Designjet L26500 wide-format printer in a bid to boost its environmental credentials and cut turnaround times.
The vehicle wrapping and signage specialist took advantage of a £1000 cashback initiative being run by HP during this week's Sign & Digital show in Birmingham.
According to Budgeprint managing director Matthew Etkin-Budge, the green qualities of the company’s new investment were paramount to the decision.
He said: "Our customers are insisting that we invest in HP Latex Printing technologies.
"Green printing is at the forefront of their minds and at Budgeprint we have also made a commitment to being an environmentally conscious supplier. This investment is proof of this commitment."
The HP Designjet L26500 will enable the Brighton-based company to produce a range of exhibition graphics, soft signage and displays for both indoor and outdoor applications.
'The media versatility and fast throughput made it a clear choice to enable us to provide the variety of applications we offer in the short turnaround times our customers require," added Etkin-Budge.
The Designjet L26500 is the successor to the L25500 has a 40kg reel capacity and a maximum print speed 22.8sqm/hr, which falls to 6.3sqm/hr in 16 pass mode.
HP's new double-sided printing workflow allied with an Optical Media Advance Sensor (OMAS) on the printer enables double-sided printing with minimal operator intervention.
The printer is compatible with more than 500 substrates, including HP's new double-sided HDPE reinforced banner material.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Sales Executive - Digital Printing Future Recruitment Ltd Up to £30-35K + Commission + other benefits to be discussed, Bristol
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC