Fespa puts sustainability at the heart of its educational programme for Fespa Digital
Friday, 17 February 2012
Fespa has said it will offer free advice to printers on sustainable production at this year's Fespa Digital exhibition.
The organisation has set up the Fespa Planet Friendly Printing Zone (stand B15a) at which printers can register for an appointment with an expert in the field.
Experts offering advice include Paul Machin who produces the Fespa Planet Friendly Printing Guide), consultant Clare Taylor, Fespa board member Michel Caza and other guests from organisations such as the PEFC.
As well as sessions embedded into the show's Explore conference program there will also be workshops giving participants a more practical view of the issue.
Fespa managing director, Neil Felton said: "Sustainability in printing is an issue that Fespa has championed within our community since 2004 as we encourage printers to embrace more planet friendly printing practices.
"The latest Fespa Economy Survey also highlighted that over 62% of respondents indicated that ‘green’ printing, or printing using more environmentally-friendly practices has seen an increase in demand as a service.
"Our continued emphasis on Planet Friendly Printing further helps to reinforce the message that sustainability can support profitability, while our vendor – neutral approach means that our advice and content is free of commercial ties."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service