IOS proposes closure of former K2 site
By Simon Nias Friday, 13 January 2012
Innovative Output Solutions (IOS) has continued the process of consolidating its transactional, direct mail and print production facilities with the proposed closure of the Manchester print site of the former K2 Group.
IOS has now begun consultation with all staff at its Manchester operation, which is understood to employ in excess of 200 people, with a view to the possible closure of the site.
IOS chief executive Nick Dixon said: "The difficult decision has been made to look at closing our Manchester facility.
"Unless during the consultation process something compelling leads us to change our thinking, we will be concentrating our efforts on trying to find alternative employment for the workforce at our other production facilities.
"Following a strategic review over the past few months, this is a course of action that we believe is necessary. In this way we aim to put the business on a stronger footing for growth over the next few years."
Since then IOS has continued on the acquisition trail, buying Lateral Group last summer to create a £180m-turnover transactional and marketing communications giant.
This has necessitated some consolidation of IOS and Lateral production facilities and given rise to the group's strategy to create centres of excellence across its various disciplines.
This process was kicked off last November with the announcement of Lateral Group company Howitt as the sheetfed centre of excellence, which involved moving a 12-colour B1 Cutstar press from IOS' Dagenham site to Nottingham-based Howitt.Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London