Trinity Mirror makes digital communication acquisition
By Adam Hooker Wednesday, 04 January 2012
Newspaper publisher Trinity Mirror has continued its move into cross-media with the acquisition of digital communications specialist The Communicator Corporation.
Trinity paid £8m for the £3.5m-turnover business, which recorded an operating profit of £1m to 31 March 2011. The deal follows Trinity's acquisition of digital marketing specialist Rippleffect in 2008.
Sly Bailey, Trinity Mirror chief executive, said: "Increasingly we're seeing that, in addition to print and website advertising, clients want help in areas such as website design, search engine optimisation, email marketing, social media and web analytics.
"The addition of Communicator Corp to our stable of digital assets will enhance our offering and complement the digital marketing services. Personalisation and targeted content are increasingly sought after by marketers in a multi-channel world and Communicator Corp is recognised in the industry for its ability to meet this demand.
"This investment is another demonstration of our strategic intent to drive more diversified revenue streams across multiple media channels and accelerate our growth into a multimedia business."
Communicator Corp provides digital communications in 178 countries and 30 languages. Trinity Mirror Digital recruitment is an existing client of the Sunderland-based business. It also has Adidas, All Saints, Co-operative Bank, Mitchells and Butlers and Scottish and Southern Energy as clients.
Managing director Chris Wilds said: "We're delighted to be joining Trinity Mirror as it will position us for a successful future as part of one of the UK's largest multimedia publishers."Tweet
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service