More than 18,000 visitors flock to LabelExpo Asia 2011
By Samir Lukka Tuesday, 13 December 2011
LabelExpo Asia, considered to be the continent's largest event dedicated to the label, product decoration, web printing and converting industry was held at Shanghai New International Expo Centre from 29 November and 2 December 2011.
"The show exceeded all previous statistics in attendee and exhibitor numbers and many senior executives visited, confirming the importance of the event and the market in Asia," said Roger Pellow managing director for LabelExpo exhibitions.
In total, 18,019 top level visitors attended this year’s show – an increase of nine per cent over 2009’s show. Labelexpo Asia also boasted 270 exhibitors (up by 21% on 2009).
Pellow stated: "Interestingly this year, we are seeing Chinese manufacturers increasingly look at opportunities outside of the domestic Chinese market. In addition, the environment and digital printing technology is of growing interest on their business agenda. The Asian label industry is sure to challenge the market share dominance of Western Europe and Northern America sooner than predicted."
Keeping the tradition of new product launches in-tact, Labelexpo Asia was packed with new press demonstrations which included Omet’s Flexy 330 press, Xeikon’s 3300 digital label press and UPM Raflatac’s PP White TC 60 RH 9 ProLiner PP30. The technology of converting of cartons through digital printing was showcased for the first time by HP and Kama.
The conference sessions were packed as key industry trends were examined, technologies debated and best practice customer case studies shared.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London