New HP Scitex units get Euro unveiling
By Darryl Danielli Tuesday, 24 May 2011
HP has handed its latest generation of latex printers their European launch at Fespa Digital.
The theme for the company’s 890sqm booth (A4/C40 & C41), the largest at the show, will be integration. As well as an array of wide-format machines, the stand will play host to an HP Indigo 7500 digital press as well as kit and software from partners such as Horizon, EskoGraphics and GMG, all with the goal of demonstrating a realistic production environment.
"For the first time at Fespa we have the three major HP divisions, all that’s missing are the inkjet web presses, and I believe they will be at the next big Fespa," said Ronen Zioni, HP’s EMEA GSB marketing director.
However, taking centre stage at this year’s show will be the new 1,200dpi, 3.2m-wide HP Scitex LX850 and LX820. The six-colour machines have a top speed of 177sqm/hour in draft mode or 45sqm/hour in high quality. The LX850 also features a raft of media handling upgrades, including dual-roll configuration.
The machines were unveiled at ISA’s International Sign Expo in Las Vegas last month, but Fespa will be the machines’, and the HP LX610 Scitex Inks’, EMEA launch pad.
The company will also be using its seminar area to promote solutions, applications and business tools.
"We want our presence at Fespa Digital to be about more than just hardware, we’re going to talk about content generation, web-to-print and variable data, the complete package," said Zioni.
- Press on Digital Imaging invests in HP Scitex LX850
- Zund uses Fespa Digital for world first
- Trotec exhibition line-up revealed
- Honle focuses on LED
- Direct Color Flex33 gets Euro launch at Fespa
- Azon DTS White makes Fespa debut
- Study reveals sector growth focus
- Commercial print volumes rocket for HP's 'solid' Q2 results
- Fespa Digital has 400 exhibitors in Hamburg
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, company car, phone, lap top , London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Digital Printer Dagmar Tara £18-22,000, London
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102
- Konica Minolta makes progress with B2 inkjet