SDC Reprographics boosts digital production and wide-format offering
By Tim Sheahan Thursday, 27 January 2011
SDC Reprographics has said that the digital print investments the company made in 2010 have allowed the business to improve its print quality and cut turnaround times by up to 75%.
The Sutton, Surrey-based business invested in a Fuji-supplied Xerox DocuColor 7002 colour production press and an Acuity Advance HD 2545 flatbed and roll-to-roll printer in the past 12 months.
SDC, which was established in the 1940s, took delivery of the 22sqm/hour Acuity earlier this month. According to managing director Julie Carter, the flatbed enabled the company to print board graphics without the need to hand mount, cutting turnaround times.
She said: "Since the installation, we have seen time savings of up to 75% with a large number of jobs, as we now have the ability to print directly onto banners and board with no drying time.
This not only enables us to offer our customers much shorter turnaround times, but also allows us to be more competitive."
In addition to the wide-format investment, SDC also bought a 70ppm Xerox DocuColor 7002 and Duplo Digital System 445 booklet maker late last year.
"We looked at a number of the key players in the digital printing market at Ipex. The DocuColor 7002 was unique in that it can duplex 300gsm card - which was one of our requirements," she said.
According to Carter, the complementary offline Duplo machine was a good addition, offering cutting, creasing and bookletmaking in one pass.
"The Duplo device slotted in nicely with the DocuColor 7002 and, as Fujifilm had already proved to be a reliable partner with our first investment, the decision to order from them again wasn't a hard one to make," she added.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London