RR Donnelley to acquire Transactis businesses
By Helen Morris Friday, 14 January 2011
Data management company Transactis has said it intends to accept an offer from RR Donnelley to purchase its document services, reprographics and procurement operations.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed, but the former CDMS company confirmed today that some 254 of its 360 employees may transfer from its Merseyside and London sites to RR Donnelley, and that staff are currently under TUPE (2006) legislation.
The contract and subsequent transfer of employees could be complete by March, with a period of transition taking place between April and December. Services for Transactis' data clients will be unaffected.
Richard Higginbotham, head of marketing at Transactis, said staff are in consultation for TUPE transfer not redundancy.
He said: "Transactis has now entered a consultation period during which it will discuss the impact of the proposal with affected employees, their trade unions and management representatives.
"Transactis will continue to focus on developing the award-winning insight and data management services that enable its clients to make better, faster and more informed decisions to increase sales and reduce their exposure to fraud risk."
Transactis was acquired by print, mail and data group CDMS in January 2009, and CDMS rebranded under the Transactis banner in December 2009.
Transactis is headed up by chief executive David Steele, who was unavailable to comment at this time.
The company's core offering is database management, personalised direct mail, image management and catalogue production, and its clients include HM Revenue and Customs, Betfair, Shop Direct Group, Nationwide Building Society, and 200 UK home-shopping brands.
For the year ended 30 April 2010, CDMS recorded turnover of £65.9m, compared with £73.4m the same time a year earlier.
RR Donnelley declined to comment at this time.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Sales (POS/Display) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd Basic £30-50k + car + commission, Midlands/South
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT, excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Senior Estimator - East Midlands Blayze Unguem £Negotiable salary depending on ability, plus excellent benefits package, East Midlands
- 'No printer wants a Vistaprint customer'
- 'All you high flyers, ignore the cliff edge at your peril'
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Konica Minolta aims to add value with web-to-print deal
- Warwick Printing Company to install UK's first Speedmaster SX 102