Poetry publisher Forward Press ceases to trade with 100 staff redundant
By Helen Morris Tuesday, 23 November 2010
Printer and publisher Forward Press has ceased to trade and made all of its 100 staff redundant.
The Peterborough, Cambridgeshire-based company will go into creditors' voluntary liquidation on 29 November 2010. All staff were made redundant on 5 November.
Insolvency practitioner Ian Yerrill of Gerald Edelman Business Recovery Professionals confirmed he is under instruction to assist meetings of members and creditors for the purposes of the winding-up.
He said: "I can confirm that whilst Forward Press no longer trades, my understanding is that another business venture has agreed to honor any unfulfilled orders placed with the company prior to its demise.
"Whilst I may be appointed liquidator of the company, I hold no such office at this stage." He was unable to comment further at this time.
Forward Press claimed to be the largest publisher of new poetry in the world and was formed by managing director and aspiring poet Ian Walton in 1989. Companies House also lists Rosie Walton as a director.
The publisher's print divisions, which included Book Printing UK and Proprint, produced long-run titles as well as shorter-run work for individual clients.
In 2008, its turnover was £5m, and its presses included three Kodak NexPress 2100s and two Oce VarioPrint 6250s.
Forward Press was unavailable to comment.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London