Service Graphics undergoes £4m expansion programme with site move
By Tim Sheahan Wednesday, 28 July 2010
St Ives' display graphics division Service Graphics has announced it is to move from its Wandsworth print facility and relocate to Chessington as part of a £4m expansion programme.
The new Greater London site will primarily serve its client base across London and the South of England, while also providing support to its plants in locations including Glasgow and Salisbury.
The group, which currently has seven sites across England, will move in to the 4,274sqm facility during the latter part of 2010, although it plans to retain Wandsworth until the transition is complete.
According to Nick Cole, managing director of Service Graphics, the company's expansion will enable the business to become more efficient with a view to doubling its overall capacity.
He said: "We are continually improving the quality of image production on a wider range of formats.
"We have seen sales grow 7% this year and there is a lot in the pipeline for the future. The company was looking for a way to become more efficient and this is a way for us to do that."
The company's investment programme began at Ipex, where it signed for the UK's first Durst Rho 500R, a 5m UV roll-to-roll printer. Since then, Service Graphics has also invested in a Zünd G3 3XL1600CVE16 digital die-cutter, which represented a £150,000 spend.
According to Cole, the Chessington site, which will house 168 of the group's 315 employees, will be more "customer facing" and feature new showroom facilities.
"By employing the latest technologies we can open up new opportunities for our customers and help define the market in the UK, especially in the lead up to London 2012 and beyond," he added.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London