Pratiroop Mudran in Pune opts for Muller Martini's LongMa
By Ramu Ramanathan Tuesday, 13 July 2010
Pratiroop Mudran, the Pune-based printer has installed the LongMa C580. The perfect binder from Muller Martini has been installed at its unit in Parvati Industrial Estate in the heart of the city.
"Some of the book titles we do are perfect bound, so we needed a machine that would be capable of producing high quality binding," said Pratiroop Mudran managing directors, Rahul Gadia and Shailendra Bhagwat.
Pratiroop's 1,500cph is specified with four-clamps – has an adjustable spine preparation, milling and a hot-melt binding system.
According to Gadia and Bhagwat, the line will handle work from as little as 5,000 runs up to and above the 50,000 mark. It will also handle a range of products, including brochures and newsletters and added-value products.
Gadia said: "The market in Pune is growing. And customers are creating very high-end print products. It is our desire to remain a well-invested business which should support our customers in this area."
He added: "It is all very well to invest in post-press, but we needed a machine that supports our requirements instead of lying idle. We are happy with the LongMa because of its cost and small footprint, plus it is backed by the Muller Martini brand-name."
The 35-employee company houses a Kodak Trendsetter 800 and a Komori Lithrone S29 which is powered by an Intellitrax D system.
The LongMa is an entry level perfect binder for short run. It can achieve very quick setup and changeover time. Besides this, the menu-guided control system is user-friendly and can be operated by one-person.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK