Managed print services provider InnerWorkings has acquired Yorkshire-based Professional Packaging Services (PPS) for an undisclosed sum.
EFI has acquired Belgian MIS developer GamSys Software as it looks to expand its reach through Europe.
Domino Printing Sciences has appointed a new sales director and a new service manager in a bid to improve service for its UK customers.
Goss International, parent firm of Goss International France, has tabled an offer on its own European subsidiary, according to local media reports.
Pitney Bowes has sold its mailroom and document management services businesses in the UK and Ireland to Swiss Post for an undisclosed sum.
Konica Minolta showed samples of the latest output from its KM-1 B2 inkjet press at this week's North Print & Pack, and has confirmed the press will be on show at Ipex 2014.
EFI has acquired US-based print MIS software developer PrintLeader for an undisclosed sum.
Adobe has split the industry with its decision to launch a monthly subscription fee for some of its biggest-name programmes including Photoshop.
SA International (SAi) has launched a special edition of its production software PixelBlaster for use with Israeli manufacturer Dip-Tech's in-glass printers.
Canadian firm North Plains has launched Xinet 17.5, Telescope 9.1 and On Brand 2.6, updating core elements of its software product portfolio.
Kodak is banking on its Stream inkjet and SquareSpot imaging technologies to create profitable revenue streams after the company emerges from Chapter 11.
Eastman Kodak has announced its intention to sell two of its businesses to its own UK pension fund to help move towards an exit from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
US printers had a sharp drop in first quarter profits despite a modest rise in sales revenues, the Semper International survey for Q1 2013 has found.
Foster City, CA-based EFI cited strong US sales as well as continued demand for its Fiery controllers as it reported Q1 income of $8.2m (Q1 2012: $6.2m) on a 7% revenue rise to $171.4m.
Kodak announced this week it has agreed to sell assets from its Document Imaging business to office equipment maker Brother Industries in a cash deal worth $210m (£137m).
Following a successful event in London last November, Monotype is bringing the Pencil to Pixel exhibition to New York so that US-based font fanatics and type devotees can get an up close look at rare items that played a major role in the modern devel...
The board of the US Postal Service (USPS) announced this week that it has directed US Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe not to go ahead with plans to end Saturday delivery this August.
Less than six months after it was acquired by private equity firm American Industrial Partners (AIP), Presstek is going through a restructuring that includes a number of redundancies.
Louis Werneke, founder of Werneke Ink Company, a "key facet" of Flint Group since the turn of the century, has died.
Xerox has launched the iGen4 Diamond, an upgrade to the iGen4 cut-sheet colour digital press, which improves uptime and productivity.
Goss International will simplify its organisational structure, reorganise its European operations and push into new markets, according to an internal memo from new chief executive Rick Nichols.
Orlando, FL-based Labels in Motion has purchased and installed a Xeikon 3500 digital label press to drive its business and has been so pleased it is already looking at a second one.
Loveurope chief executive Steve Owens focuses on the positives following long-standing client McCann Worldgroup's decision to bring its pre-media work in-house under the Craft Worldwide brand.
Montreal-based Domtar has signed a deal to acquire Xerox's paper and print media products in North America, though the Xerox brand will continue on both coated and uncoated paper for office and commercial printing.
Kodak has finalised its previously-announced $848m finance facility with members of the Steering Committee of the Second Lien Noteholders and other holders of Kodak's Senior Secured Notes.
More US News
- Ricoh partners with TEC Mailing Solutions to offer SaaS mailing tools
- US Postmaster General defends five-day delivery, unveils same day mail service
- USPS showcases MyPost electronic notification system
- Goss shows Vpak to flexible packaging printers as project progresses
- Two Sides claims victory as Go Paperless campaign drops 'save trees' message
- Tardy TEN mars strong Domino showing
- Transcontinental posts Q1 profit rise
- Curtis Packaging opts for Scodix Press
- GMC Software eyes Americas as key to growth in 2013
- Kodak projects profitable future as it records $1.4bn loss for 2012
- Fedex Office uses Agfa Jeti to refurbish iconic Eartha globe
- SFO investigates HP subsidiary Autonomy
- St Ives in £25m digital marketing buy
- Colorplan goes global with new stockists
- Time Warner announces magazine spin-off
- Haybrooke brings PDQ Estimating to North America
- BarkerBlue targets Silicon Valley with wide format investment
- Quad/Graphics posts modest Q4 profit
- US Congressmen lodge bill to abolish paperless policies
- Kodak moves closer to Chapter 11 exit
- La Crosse Graphics opts for Mitsubishi GCX web press
- Contac Services, RP Graphics join forces to form Onewurld
- RR Donnelley results hit by $1bn impairment charge
- Xerox fills aqueous space with Impika
- Moo.com 'dips toe' in retail with first physical store
- Suttle-Straus opts for Vutek GS3250 LX
- HP's Whitman points to 'signs of improvement' in first-quarter results
- Printers hit as Reader's Digest files for Chapter 11 again
- Taopix enters exclusive partnership with FastPencil
- KBA revamps large format line-up with Rapida 164
- EPS-Doublet buys Think Big Solutions
- Label Smith take leap in digital labels
- InnerWorkings hails best year ever
- Uprated Kodak Prosper press is on trial in the UK
- Heidelberg gets third quarter earnings boost
- USPS move to end Saturday delivery leaves direct mail sector in limbo
- Kodak requests third Chapter 11 plan extension, concludes patent sale
- KBA announces price hike for loss-making sheetfed press division
- Xerox in twin colour press launch
- EFI looks to acquisitions and OEM launches in 2013
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK