It's fitting that the flagship category in the PrintWeek Awards was perhaps the most hotly contested, but Real Digital International got the judges' vote thanks to a sterling year in which profits soared, continuing an impressive turnaround from loss...
A finalist in this category three years ago, D2 triumphed this year against some very tough competition, drawing praise from judges for its solid balance sheet and overall performance.
Park Communications had to work hard to emerge victorious in this category for the second year running, with judges commending the quality of all 14 entries.
Park Communications' victory in the Customer Service Team of the Year category gives it a much-admired 'double-double' - two category wins for two years running.
Thomas Dunn's enthusiasm for print - described as "infectious" by one judge - is evident in his entry for this packed category, in which he talks about the exhilaration of watching a printing press in action and the feeling of pride and accomplishmen...
Evaluating hundreds of entries - and getting on for 1,000 individual pieces of print - is a major task and one that takes place over three separate judging days.
Sponsored category winners
It was AGI's adeptness at using "interesting and diverse finishing techniques to make visually appealing items", which cemented its status as Post-press Company of the Year 2012.
Work for prestigious clients Laura Ashley, John Lewis, Debenhams and Marks & Spencer led, this year, to The Artisan Press repeating its 2009 victory in the Catalogue Printer of the Year category.
The team at Beamglow can be very proud of themselves for claiming an accolade more and more may soon no doubt have their eye on, if the packaging sector continues to grow.
It has had to wait five years for another victory in this category, but Fulmar Colour was a clear winner this year, with judges praising its "amazing quality and execution" and ability to do "the simple things exceptionally well".
Augustus Martin had to hit the very highest standards of digital print to triumph in this extremely competitive new category.
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Cross-media Company of the Year - Inc Direct
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Industrial Digital Printer of the Year - Communisis
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Fine Art Printer of the Year - Pureprint
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Consumer Magazine Printer of the Year - BGP Group
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Newspaper Printer of the Year - Trinity Mirror Printing (Watford)
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Creative Repro Company of the Year
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Direct Mail Printer of the Year - Geoff Neal Litho
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Book Printer of the Year - Pureprint Group
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Business Magazine Printer of the Year - Stephens & George Print Group
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Label Printer of the Year - AJS Labels
- Printweek Awards 2012 Point-of-Purchase Printer of the Year - Augustus Martin
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Brochure Printer of the Year - Hampton Printing (Bristol)
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Poster Printer of the Year - SMP Group
- PrintWeek Awards 2012 Social Stationery Printer of the Year - Windles Group
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK