Royal Mail has described the CWU's consultative ballot as "disappointing" and defended its position on the questions raised by the union.
London-based design and print firm LightBrigade Media has been appointed by global fast food chain Just Falafel to develop its UK brand identity and printed media.
Digital printing group PhotoBox has been awarded the top prize in the Digital Partnership at the Prince's Arts and Business Awards for its Face Britain initiative.
The trading status of book and journal printer MPG Printgroup is unclear.
A 6% decline in revenue from the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday to £287m (2012: £305m) was partially offset by a surge MailOnline revenue in the six months to 31 March, DMGT said.
EFI's SmartSign Analytics (SSA) tool for monitoring and analysing the consumer response to individual signs could be "a licence to print money" for early adopters from the signange sector.
EFI has unveiled SmartSign Analytics (SSA), a system that automatically captures and analyses signage viewership and engagement data.
North Plains has launched the first two products to use its new ConnectR technology, for clients of its Xinet production asset management system (formerly Xinet WebNative).
GMG has launched ColorMaster 2.0, a colour workflow tool for standardising colour appearance across multiple print processes and specifications automatically.
Print Buying Headlines
- Paperlinx launches 'win-win' revenue generator for printers
- Postal union ballots members on DSA boycott
- Tangent pre-tax profits tumble 40%
- UK launch for Exaprint W2P service
- Romax targets growth with high-profile appointment
- Swiss Post acquires Pitney Bowes' UK and Ireland management services business
- Wyndeham extends major print contract
- UPDATED: St Ives hits the acquisition trail again
- HP Indigo users team up for mammoth Coca-Cola task
- Standard Bank contract a "monster job" for BMC
Me & my: Xeikon 3300 Having acquired a taste for Xeikons, not to mention the toner, Mercian Labels is using its latest press to push the boundaries of label print
Brightblue The very first computerised MISs for the print industry began life as plain and simple estimating systems. Even a quarter of a century later, estimating still forms the main artery of a profitable printer’s back-office functions. So much so, in fact,...
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Executive (Home based) Key Recruitment £40K ( negotiable ) plus commission plus car and mobile, Essex, London, Hertfordshire, Surrey
- Print Buyer Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £25,000 - £30,000pa, London
- Print Estimator | Exhibition & Display Print | North West Mercury Search and Selection £25k , Manchester
- UK Sales Manager | Self Adhesive Labels | UK - Home Based Mercury Search and Selection £32k-£40k + Attractive commission structure, pension, life insurance, car, laptop & smart phone , UK - home based
- Account Director - Reprographics/ Mail Room - London asg Up to £45,000 + bonus + benefits, London