The old machine is in India and "that's where it will stay", quips Ray Thistleton, looking at his new press in south London, which is where it will stay.
Latest Press Reviews
Increasing demand for four-colour work led Pilling Printers to seek out a high-quality and high-speed B3 production machine
Many things have changed at Mastercolour over the past three decades, but the firm's love of KBA presses is not one of them
This "file to final product" machine has stepped up output and quality at Alpha Colour Printers and kept the business on the move
Adding flatbed firepower has enabled Manor Printing to reduce its turnaround times and outsourcing requirements, and secure new business
Here's a riddle for you: what can look like molten metal, be applied to floors, and be written on and have magnets stuck to it? We'll give you a clue: not a digital billboard.
Pick a card, any card. Or, in the case of wide-format printing, pick a roll-up banner material, an external poster grade, an internal poster grade, a textile, a self-cling, a self-adhesive, a floor graphic, a wall graphic, perhaps a wallpaper... the ...
PrintWeek's pick of the new wide-format products on show at Fespa
In north Norfolk, a state-of-the-art digital book production factory lies idle.
Tradeprint.co.uk has bought its second Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 106, three months after commissioning its first XL, as part of an £8m investment.
- Ancient House completes alcohol-free move
- KBA confirms first RotaJet sale while internal restructure continues
- Printers Superstore settles differences and commits to Ipex
- Buxton installs second Heidelberg XL
- Knapp passes leadership of KBA UK to Andrew Pang
- ColourXpress targets growth after Ryobi spend
- Chesapeake enlists in Canadian blanket renewal programme
- Surprise bid by Goss for former French operation
- Heidelberg lays down four-minute challenge
- Cashflow crisis hits MPG
Canny printers will build their futures on a combination of digital and litho, says Tim Sheahan
Reaction to the news that Goss International is developing the world’s first 96pp commercial web offset press (PrintWeek, 25 October) has been mixed to say the least.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- New Business Development Manager Key Recruitment Upto £60k dep on exp, London
- Senior Account Manager (POS/Retail) Pyramid Consultancy Ltd £35000 - £39000 + benefits, Central London
- Print / Direct Mail - West Midlands asg £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Large Format Digital Printer | Digital Print & POS | Cambridgeshire Mercury Search and Selection £16k-£22k + OT + excellent benefits package & 20 days' holiday allowance, Cambridgeshire
- Client Services Director - UK asg Up to £110,000 + bonus, car & executive benefits, UK